Saturday, April 18, 2009

Big Hill Springs Hike!

Since Gairod is away, and it was fairly nice out today, I called my mom up this morning to see if she wanted to go out and do something! My sister suggested we all go out to Big Hill Springs provincial park, and walk around and enjoy the weather. So that's what we did! The only thing is, I didn't realize how long the hike is, and it was very muddy, wet, snowy, and icy. It took us over an hour and a half, and it was a lot of up and down hills. The kids did AMAZINGLY well, considering how treacherous the terrain was! When we were finally done, we drove the short 10 minutes into Cochrane for some ice cream! By the time we finally got home, the kids and I were all exhausted!

In the van, ready to go!
Starting on our hike!

Grandma showing the kids the creek



Stopping for a little rest on a bench


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...