Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cleaning and Dieting

I have come the realization that cleaning is a lot like dieting for me. I really want the end result, but I don't want to do all the work it takes to get there! LOL!

Seriously though, why do I find it so hard to stay motivated?? I really want to be a good housewife and mother, but I really don't like doing many of the things those jobs entail! I don't like to cook, I don't mind baking, but don't do it often because then I just have more mess to clean up, I don't like to clean, but I want a clean and tidy house!

I think with cleaning, I always feel like it is such a big waste of time! I can clean all day, and my house will be a mess again the next day (if not sooner!), so it just seems pointless!

So in case you haven't already noticed, I have been slacking off on my Spring cleaning the last few days. It is seriously like dieting for me; I do good for the first few days, and then I lose motivation and fall off the wagon! I feel like I just don't have the time to do EVERYTHING! The days I was doing my Spring cleaning, I wasn't doing my regular cleaning. Now for the last few days I have been doing my regular cleaning, but not my Spring cleaning. I need a few more hours in each day, and whole lot more energy!!

I have great visions in my head of how I want my house to be, but it just seems like it will take so much time and work to get it there. I need to refocus, and stay motivated, and finish what I have started.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

I feel the same way about both too! I'm sure you'll finish the spring cleaning soon! Kids are more important!

Cassie said...

Girl, we could be twins!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...