We left for Waskesiu Lake, SK on Friday, July 16th. We had a pretty good time, and managed to do almost everything on our "To Do" list, which is really good considering we had about 8 or 9 things on there, and only 11 days, some of which were rainy!
I do have to say that by the end we were ready to come home, and had decided that next year we will NOT be staying with my parents. There were 11 of us staying in their small cabin, which means it was ALWAYS hot in there, and space was squishy.
It was also difficult to try and coordinate everyone to get out the door to go do something. It seriously took 3 adults and one baby (Mom, Dad, Christine and Lily)longer to get ready and out the door than it did us with 2 adults and 5 kids. We would rather stay on our own, in our trailer, so that we can do what we want to do, and not feel obligated to wait for other people!
Also, it was a real eye opener as far as the whole "my mom, my sister, Lily" situation goes. My mom acts like she is the second parent to Lily, and it was frustrating and hurtful to watch her outright favour and dote on Lily, and NOT treat my kids the same way. I also got to see how much she just does for Lily, without my sister asking her to. This is a key point because my mom spent the better part of last school year complaining to me about how much she has to do for Lily/take care of Lily/parent Lily. Now I am seeing that yes, she does do a lot for Lily, but she is not always asked to do it. A lot of the time she just jumps in and does it - like a second parent would.
A prime example: One day Gairod and my dad were out fishing, and I was getting the kids ready to go for a walk. I was rushing around, getting snacks, and drinks, and getting sunscreen on five kids. My mom saw me getting sunscreen on the kids, and instead of asking me if I wanted any help, she asked my sister (who was getting herself ready) if Lily needed sunscreen on, and then proceeded to put it on her. I was hurt that she helped my sister, who really didn't need help, instead of helping me.
SO, long story short, we WILL NOT be staying with my parents anymore, and I WILL NOT listen to my mom complain about my sister all year again!
Other than the "political" stuff, we had a good time. The weather was for the most part good, and the kids had a good time hiking, fishing, going to the beach, going for walks, riding their bikes, going for ice cream, and much more!
As promised, here are some pictures:
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I would be just as frustrated about the situation with your sister though! And that fish that bit you?! Oh my gosh, I'd still be screaming, lol! Fish with large teeth scare the heck out of me!!! And wow is Sage's hair getting light, lol! And I love that you always have them in coordinating colors!! Soooo cute! ♥
Post a Comment