When Jade was a baby, I planned to nurse her for a year. But around 8 months, she bit me a couple of times, and I decided that was enough of that, and I weaned her.
When I had the triplets, I tried to nurse them, but they were too little, and I didn't have any help during the day, so it was just too hard, and didn't end up working out. I was VERY disappointed.
Being able to nurse was one of my big reasons for wanting another baby. I enjoyed my nursing experience with Jade, and I REALLY wanted to be able to do it again!
When we had Sage, I planned on nursing her for a year. I have REALLY enjoyed nursing her. It is SO convenient (no bottles to warm, or formula to mix - trust me - I did my fair share of that with the triplets!), and it is SO bonding. Nursing enables a closeness that ONLY a mother and baby can have.
I love the way my baby looks lovingly into my eyes while she is nursing. I love the way she covers her eyes with one hand, and plays with her ear with the other, especially when she is tired ♥
I want to clarify, I AM NOT bashing or putting down anyone who chooses not to, or can't nurse. I believe it is a very personal decision, and every mother must do what she feels is right for herself and for her child.
As we are approaching 11 months, I DO NOT feel ready to wean. If I was to be done by a year, we should have already started the process by now. We have not. Sage still nurses around 5 times a day, and usually once at night. I am still totally nursing on demand. I have been trying to get her onto a sippy cup, but it is a slow process. She is JUST starting to eat real food better. So until she can drink out of a sippy cup, and consistently eat real food, I can't even think about weaning her. And I'm okay with that.
So when am I going to wean her? At this point, I don't know. Probably in a few more months. I know at some point I need to let my baby grow up, but I am just not ready yet. Maybe if we get pregnant with another baby it will be easier, but for now, I am going to continue letting my baby be a baby, and continue to enjoy the special bond that only her and I have ♥
I LOVE the way she plays with her ear ♥...


2 comments:
I love it! Such cute pics too! :)
I feel the same way. I LOVE nursing Haven! With Venily I loved it too, but at 1 year, I was ready to be done. I ended up nursing her for 14 months though b/c she couldn't have regular cow's milk and I was trying to find alternatives and wanted to nurse in the meantime. I think Haven is going to be similar, but I DREAD weaning her! Especially if she's my last baby... she is just so darn cute while nursing and loves it soooo much! ♥
Aw savor it! I just weaned my 3 yo and my 1.5 yo is still going while I am 7 mo preggo right now. tandem nursing has been amazing and even while pregnant. God bless
Post a Comment