Sage is FINALLY starting to eat big girl food - aka - regular food that we eat!! YAY!!
She has resisted food for SO long, and she has definitely been my most difficult, picky eater!! She WILL NOT eat baby cereal. She didn't start consistently eating baby food (the stage 1 pureed kind) until around 8 or 9 months. Even then, she has been very picky about which flavours she will eat. Only green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes, sweet potatoes with turkey, and any of the banana mixtures. The only other thing she has been eating is multi grain Cheerios, and Gerber puffs. I have tried her many times on the chunkier baby food, but she WILL NOT eat it, so I have given up on it.
I have been trying to get her onto finger foods. She is very picky, and even when it seems she likes something, she will usually really only eat a few bites of it, and then start throwing it on the floor, or stashing it in her highchair!
Finally, last night at dinner, she ate enough "real food" to count as a meal, and she didn't need any baby food after!! Then again, this morning at breakfast, she ate enough blueberry bagel that she didn't need any pureed fruit!!
As she is approaching a year, I have been starting to get a bit panicky about the fact that she really doesn't eat much. I am SO happy that she finally seems to be coming around, and liking more things!!
3 comments:
Yay! Just wondering... are you planning on weaning at a year or later? or depending on how she does with real food?
Just wait, I have a whole 'nother post on that!! lol! My original plan was to wean by a year, but they way things are going, I don't know.....
Cecily wasn't a big baby-food eater at all. I still have jars of it left that she never made it to. She loves "regular" food though and does great with it.
Post a Comment