I've decided that it's time to get Sage sleeping through the night!!
If you remember, I thought I had it good, way back when she was 2 months old, and started sleeping through the night - 10 to 12 hours - all on her own! But then for some reason, at 4 months she stopped, and she has never gone back to sleeping so good.
For quite a while she was getting up once, typically around 10 or 11pm, nursing, and then sleeping through until 6:30ish. I was okay with that.
But lately, she has been getting up 2-3 times a night, and it is really starting to wear me down!!
She goes to bed around 7pm, and is usually up between 10 and 11pm, then again between 2 and 3am, and then sometimes again between 4:30 and 5:30am. She is usually up for the day around 6:30am.
Sage is almost 11 months old (tomorrow actually!), and I can't even start to think about the weaning process until I have her sleeping through the night.
SO, after seeking advice from a blogging/Facebook friend (Thanks Jennifer!), this is what I have decided to do:
For about a week, whenever Sage wakes up to eat at night, I will nurse her, but ONLY on one side, and then put her back to bed, and let her fuss/cry it out until she falls back asleep. Then, after a week of that, when she wakes up, I will go into her room, soothe her (I haven't decided yet if I will pick her up or not, we will see when the time comes!), but I will NOT nurse her.
I am hoping that after she realizes that she won't be getting fed when she wakes up, that she will stop waking up!
I started last night, and things went about as well as could be expected! I lucked out with the fact that she only woke up once, around12:30am. I got her out of her crib, nursed her on one side, and then got up to put her back into her crib. She was instantly mad, because she still wanted more to eat! I put her in her crib, gave her her soother, and went back to my bed. My plan was to leave her for 10 minutes, and then go back in and comfort her. But by the 10 minute mark, she was only intermittently crying. I didn't want to go in and get her started back up again, so I left her. After about another 10 minutes, she was finally back asleep, so it took a total of about 20 minutes. Not too bad, but I was glad I only had to do it once! lol!
Tonight I will be onto night two, so we will see how it goes! :)
1 comment:
Sounds like it went pretty good! Good luck, hope last night went good too! I know when I was doing the night training thing I happened to look through some of my old posts and was like "What the heck, Haven used to sleep soooo good!" and that gave me a lot of motivation to get her to STTN again! :)
Post a Comment