Monday, August 16, 2010

2 more weeks!!

2 more weeks until we officially start homeschooling!! Public school starts on Tuesday, August 31st. I prefer to start on a Monday, so we are going to be starting on August 30th. I am very excited, and can't wait to get going! :)

I am also a bit nervous, as I have very ambitious plans of how our schedule is going to go. We have been totally laid back all summer, so it is going to be a big change for all the kids (and me too!)

I am planning on having everyone up, fed, dressed, and ready to start school by 9am. 9-11am will be school time. This should be enough time for Jade, but if it's not, we will adjust as needed. For the triplets, I am going to start VERY loosely. I have a bunch of workbooks for them, to start working on numbers, letters, etc. I am planning on doing a bunch of short burst with them to start. So, for example, they might come to the table at 9am, learn the letter A, do an A worksheet, then they might go to the living room and do a puzzle or look at a book, then a little while later, they might come back to the table and do another worksheet, or a craft, or color. I am not going to make them sit at the table and "do school" for two hours. That would never happen! BUT, they will have to do only quiet activities for those two hours, so that Jade can concentrate.

The afternoons will be open for other activities. We are putting all 4 of the older kids into homeschool swimming lessons, and I am going to sign Jade up for homeschool PE, and homeschool Art. I am still trying to decide if I want to sign the triplets up for a gym class or not. We will see.

So, we are pretty much all ready to go! I have our first week all prepped and planned out, and each weekend I will prep and plan for the coming week. I am really looking forward to being able to do what I want/need to do, when it is convenient for me, and NOT having to work around the school schedule!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...