Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of Homeschooling!!! :)

Today was our first day of Homeschooling! :)

Jade was up and dressed by 7am, ready to get started! lol! She was a little disappointed when I told her we weren't starting for another 2 hours - I needed time to get everyone else up and dressed, everyone fed, and Sage down for a nap!

So just before 9am, I got Sage down for a nap, and I got everyone else to the table to get started!

Jade started with Spelling, and the triplets started with a worksheet on the colour purple (we have been working a bit on colours over the summer, and purple was where we left off). The triplets then each did a worksheet on the letter A and the number 0. By the time we were done all of that, we were 40 minutes in, and the triplets were getting restless. I realized how long they had been sitting and working for (I was AMAZED that they lasted that long!!), so I told them they were done, and sent them downstairs to play.

***I DID have more stuff planned for them to do, but I realized that I planned too much for them, so I will have to revise my plans!***

Next, Jade moved onto Math. This proved to be a bit of a struggle, and was the main reason things took so much longer than I thought they would. You see, when I picked a Math curriculum for Jade, I picked one that is on the more advanced end. But when I started looking though it, I realized that there is quite a gap in what Jade was taught in school last year, and what she is expected to already know (aka - what she should have been taught last year) for this curriculum. But we plugged away at it, and got it done! She quickly did her cursive writing, and by that time it was 11:30am, so we decided to take a break and have lunch.

We finished up lunch, got Sage down for another nap (she slept for an hour and a half in the morning), and started on Jade's Little House stuff. After another 1.5 hours, we were done!

Poor Jade started to get a headache during Math, and despite giving her Advil, it turned into a migraine by mid-afternoon, so that kind of put a damper on things :(

Overall things went well, although it DID take longer than I thought it would, a LOT longer! It took 4 working hours to get *almost* everything done, as opposed to the 2 hours that I thought it would take. BUT, it WAS only our first day, so I am sure as we get into the groove of things a bit more, things will take a bit less time.

Our homeschooing cupboard
Jade's stuff :)
The triplet's stuff :)
Pencil Cake #1
Pencil Cake #2
I made pencil cakes to celebrate our first day of school! (I got the idea from another homeschooling mom's blog!)
Jade's "first day of Grade 3" picture!
Cole's "first day of Preschool" picture!
Kadance's "first day of Preschool" picture!
Hayden's "first day of Preschool" picture!
Sage's "I'm just so damn cute Mommy had to take a picture of me too" picture!
The Fab Five ♥
Everyone's work for the week
Kady working ♥
Jade working ♥

2 comments:

Jennifer Y said...

So fun!! I'm going to supplement Venily's preschooling with some homeschooling as well! :)

Jenn said...

You already ARE homeschooling her!! lol! All the sight words and letter sounds she knows - she's half a year younger than my kids, and knows WAY more than them! You are doing SUCH an awesome job with her! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...