Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Don't mess with a pregnant woman!!

So I am quite angry right now! At Jade's school, every January, they do two weeks of ice skating, as part of their PE program. We found this out last year, when we had to scramble to find ice skates, and a CSA approved helmet! In Kindergarten, they actually only did two, forty-five minute skating sessions! This year, since she is in grade one, they are doing four, forty-five minute sessions.

We don't skate. Gairod plays hockey, but I have never been a big skater, and with the triplets, skating hasn't really been a family activity for the past few years!!

I ticks me off that they expect us (the parents) to get stressed out running around trying to find skates and helmets to borrow! Yes, I could buy them, but why?? It's not like Jade is going to be going skating any other time this year, and by next year they will be too small! If they want to do ice skating as part of their PE program, they should provide the equipment. Simple as that!

So I am writing a letter to the school, stating my concerns. A friend of mine sent me a website to a company that some of the elementary schools in Calgary use. It is called Alien In-line. They come out to your school, bring all the equipment, and teach the kids how to in-line skate! I think that it is a wonderful idea!

It's not like I am against ice skating or anything, it's just that not everyone does it, therefore not everyone has the equipment, so I don't think it is fair to expect people to go out of their way to get it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...