Well, I should have known to just trust my gut! When I went to the doctor on Monday, I was positive that I had tonsillitis, but he wasn't so sure, so I thought well, maybe it is just viral, and I am just being a wimp! Well, Monday evening, my throat hurt so bad I could hardly swallow or talk! I was in so much pain!! Tuesday I still felt really crappy. Finally Wednesday, I started to perk up and feel a bit better, and of course that is the day the doctor called and said that my throat swab came back positive for strep!!! See?! I KNEW something was wrong!! I think sometimes doctors forget that some patients actually know their bodies quite well, and they should listen to them! So I started Penicillin on Wednesday, instead of on Monday, when I really needed it!!
Anyways, as far as pregnancy goes, things are going well. Not much happening, but it is still early! The only thing I am not liking about this pregnancy, is that I seem to have an overwhelming fear of miscarriage. With my other two pregnancies, miscarriage was never something I really thought about. But I was also kind of naive to the whole concept of miscarriage, I didn't think it really happened that often. Now, after spending so much time on Baby Center, and after a few real life friends have had miscarriages, I realize that it is a lot more common then I once thought. I don't WANT to worry about it, I want to enjoy every part of this pregnancy, but I can't help thinking about it everyday! I am hoping that after I have my ultrasound, see my baby, and hear the heartbeat, I will feel better about things and relax a little more!
1 comment:
Ugh on the strep! Hope you're over it soon! As for miscarriage, I was the same way. I had one and was just shocked it happened after 2 perfectly normal babies. Got on babycenter about 4 days after my loss (it's been 5 yrs now) and discovered on the loss board it's very common. Now I've had 2.
Get to feeling better!
Post a Comment