January
I started out January strong, with lots of plans to lose weight, declutter, and be more productive in my day-to-day life. I did great for a few weeks, and then Gairod got offered a job in B.C. for a month. I really struggled with Gairod being away, and I got off track with my eating and exercising. I tried to distract myself with homeschool plans, and started looking into Year Round schooling.
February
February was a depressing month. Gairod was still gone, and the weather was crappy. Sage took her first steps while Daddy was away, but at least I got them on video! Just before Valentines day, I slipped on some ice and hit my head. I ended up with a major concussion, and it was a very scary ordeal! Gairod finally came home, and we had to readjust after having him away for so long. Things finally started to get back to normal, and I started to pull out of the funk that was Jan/Feb!
March
Winter dragged on through March. We had our first experience with stitches, when Kadance fell and split open her chin! I didn't post a lot in March, as not much happened. We continued on with daily life, and not-so-patiently waited for Spring! :)
April
April was a fairly low-key month. Jade mostly finished up grade 3, and I continued doing preschool stuff with the triplets. We took the kids bowling for the first time, and they had a blast!
May
At the beginning of May, I revealed that in mid-April I had started a new workout routine. I also did more decluttering and organizing. Despite being vigilant with my exercise routine, I did NOT see the weightloss I was hoping for, due to my lack of dietary changes. It did show me however, that I AM capable of change! After a busy month, we looked forward to, and enjoyed a 4-day vacation at the lake!
June
In June I continued my quest towards "simple living" and decluttering. I also stepped up my exercising, and made some major dietary changes. Gairod had to go out of town for work again, but only for 2 weeks this time, and it didn't seem so bad. My dieting and exercising paid off, and I was able to actually lose some weight in June!
July
I only posted once in July, because the kids and I spent the month at the lake. I continued my exercising and dieting, and continued to lose weight. The triplets learned how to ride bikes without training wheels, and we had a very scary, very damaging, hail storm. We spent lots of time at the beach, hiking, and fishing. It was overall a great month! :)
August
August was another low-key month. As I started to become happier with my life, I decided that I was content to be done having babies, and start moving on and enjoying life with 5 kids. Gairod found out that he was accepted to start training in September, with the Calgary Fire Department, after a 6 month application process. We enjoyed the rest of our summer, and started gearing up to get back to homeschooling!
September
September was a busy month. The kids and I started back to school, while Gairod took a quick vacation to Vancouver Island. While he was gone, his welding truck was stolen from a dealership in Airdrie, where it was supposed to be getting the hail damage fixed. They took ALL his welding stuff, and ruined the truck. Gairod started his CFD training, which turned out to be harder than we had anticipated. I had to quit running, as my leg started to bug me, and it just hurt too much. I continued to diet, and managed to reach my first weightloss goal, and my baby girl turned 2!
October
October was kind of hard. Gairod and I were both stressed over the intensity of his CFD training, and the loss of his truck and welding stuff (which we are STILL not settled on). I also came to the realization that a close friend and I weren't as close as we used to be. I did some more reorganizing, which always makes me feel better! :) Our hot tub was delivered, and I tried once again to refocus and simplify our life. I was able to get away for a weekend with a couple of close friends, and I came back feeling refreshed, and ready for some Halloween fun! :)
November
I decided to put up our Christmas tree very early this year, at the beginning of November! I was happy with that decision, especially since I spent the next few weeks busy with sick kids. I started thinking about next school year, and debated whether or not to start Kindergarten with the triplets in January, or wait until September. I ultimately decided we will wait until September.
December
Training started to get easier for Gairod, and I decided to take a break from my diet, and just try to maintain my weightloss until after Christmas. On December 15th, Gairod graduated from CFD training, and became a probationary firefighter! We continued to prepare for Christmas, and started trying to get used to our new life. I made more decluttering plans, and we enjoyed a wonderful Christmas!
So there you have it, my 2011 in a nutshell! It started off a bit rough, but ended quite well. I feel like I really grew as a person this year, and really started to find what truly makes me happy. I am looking forward to more personal growth in 2012, and will be back tomorrow to share some of my goals with you! :)
1 comment:
Happy New Year! I hope 2012 is even better for you!! :)
Post a Comment