Saturday, December 24, 2011

Five Things for Friday!

Darn! I was hoping to actually get this posted on Friday this week! lol! Oh well, here it is, a day late - AGAIN! :)

{1}

I can't believe it's almost here!!! When I was a kid, we always called December 23rd, "Christmas Eve, Eve"! LOL!

I've been thinking about it the past few days, and I think that now, as an adult, I actually enjoy the lead up to, and anticipation of Christmas, better then Christmas day itself! I think Christmas Eve is my favorite day. For us, it's always a busy, yet low-key day. We usually have family over for an appetizer dinner, so the day is spent cleaning the house, finishing up all the last minute stuff, and trying to keep over-excited kids under control! I like the happy/excited vibe that seems to fill the air! :)

Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas day too, but its always very overstimulating, for kids AND adults! I also kind of feel like Christmas day is the beginning of the end. It's a long busy day, but before you know it, it's over. Christmas Eve always seems to be so much more calm and relaxing.

{2}

I mentioned before that I have been taking a break from dieting. Well, I am starting to gear up for phase 2! I have managed to maintain my 40lb weight loss, even though I have been eating more than my share of goodies lately! 

I will start back at it on January 2nd, and I am hoping to be able to lose another 40lbs by the end of June. That gives me 6 months. I know that the second 40 will be a lot harder than the first 40, but I am determined to do it!

{3}

I kind of wish it wasn't Christmas time, but only because I am in SUCH a decluttering mood!! I have a new decluttering plan, that I am excited to start in January! I will tell you more about it in another post :)

{4}

I moved the change table out, and put a new shelf in the girls room. We are going to start keeping some of their toys in their room. I am hoping that this will cut down on the toys that always seem to be scattered across the living room! I will take pictures and post them next week.

{5}

Well, when I started this post it was December 23rd, and now it is the 24th, Christmas Eve! I have most everything cleaned and prepared, with only a few things left to finish up before our families come over this afternoon. I am feeling very calm, and not stressed, about the busy hours and days ahead - just the way I like it! Merry Christmas! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...