Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Santa!

Today I took the kids to the mall to see Santa! We've seen Santa one other time this year, at the town Christmas party, but we didn't get the kids picture taken then. Sage did NOT like Santa at the town party. She was whimpering as we walked up to him, and she flat out refused to sit on his lap. She even said to him "I no like you!"

That was a few weeks ago. Since then, we have really been talking up Santa. We talk daily about how he is a nice man, and he brings you presents, and there is no reason to be afraid of him.

This morning, when I told the kids we were going to go see Santa today, Sage was excited, until I told her she could sit on his lap, and get her picture taken. Then she didn't like it anymore, and she kept saying "No Santa lap! No Santa lap!" So I told her that she didn't have to sit on his lap, Jade could hold her standing beside Santa for a picture. She liked this idea MUCH better!

When we got to the mall and actually saw Santa from the line-up, Sage started to whimper a bit. I took her out of her stroller, and told her everything was fine, Santa is nice, and she didn't have to sit on his lap.

When we walked up to Santa, I was holding Sage, and the triplets were excitedly talking to him. I handed Sage to Jade, because I thought they were going to take the picture right away. Well, the triplets were still taking, and Sage was getting heavy, so Jade set her down for a minute. Right away, Sage started climbing up the stool, and right into Santa's lap!!! I couldn't believe it!! For a girl who was SO scared, she definitely got over her fear quickly!! LOL!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...