Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolution Review and Goals for 2012

Last New Years, I made 4 resolutions:

- Lose Weight
- Get Pregnant
- Be a Better Mother
- Continue to declutter/organize

I think I did pretty well with all of them, except for getting pregnant. But I am now content with my decision to be done having babies, and enjoy the next season of life! :)

Instead of "resolutions" this year, I am going to set "goals". In 2012, I want to:

- Lose another 40lbs. I am thrilled with the 40lbs I lost last year. Now I want to get back to eating healthy, and lose another 40lbs! I hope to get down to, and maintain, my goal weight of 145lbs.

- Continue to declutter my home. I feel like I did a fairly good job of this last year, but with a family of 7, it is a continual process! I hope to be more organized about it this year, and keep on top of the constant clutter coming in!

- Simplify. I talked about this a few times last year, but I never really did much about it. I want to dive deeper into simplifying my life this year. What do I mean by this? Less stuff, to start. This goes hand in hand with decluttering. Why do we, as a society, put so much value and importance on material possessions? At the end of your life, does it really matter if you had a big house and lots of stuff?? I also want to simplify my time commitments and emotional stress. We only get one life. I want to spend as much time and energy on people and activities that really matter to me!

So there you have it! My simple, yet life changing, goals for 2012! Happy New Year everyone! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...