I recently read this post at Steady Mom, and I decided I want to try it! If you have read my blog for any amount of time, you know that I am constantly trying to declutter, and simplify my home. I tend to jump from one area to another, never really finishing any one room. I like the idea of "Once a month decluttering".
I am going to call it "Decluttering one area a month", as I think that describes it better. I have also decided to divide my house into 6 areas, instead of 12, and I intend to deep clean, as well as declutter. So, theoretically, every area of my house will get a deep clean/decluttering twice a year.
The areas I have divided my house into are:
- Kitchen
- Living Room
- Girls Bedroom/Boys Bedroom
- Our Bedroom
- Bathroom/Linen Closet/Entryways
- Jade Bedroom/Basement
I like the idea of having a whole month to tackle an area, so that if I am lacking motivation, or if we are really busy, I still have a realistic chance at getting it done!
If I get an area done ahead of schedule, I will simply move onto the next area early, giving me more time to tackle that area! :)
I always find that after Christmas, I am antsy to go through my whole house, so this will help me to do it in a more organized fashion. :)
I haven't really decided what order I will do the areas in, I think I will just play it by ear, and see how it goes. I have decided that I will start in the kitchen though. My kitchen is one of my bigger areas, but it is also one that I usually avoid doing, as it is such a big job. Having all of January to do it though, makes it seem so much more manageable! :)
2 comments:
Ooooh! I like this!! I'm totally stealing your idea, lol. :)
All of your decluttering talk all the time motivates me to "think" about decluttering my house, lol! Hopefully in 2012 I can follow through with some of that? LOL!
Post a Comment