Thursday, December 15, 2011

He Did It!!

After a 6 month application process (in which people were eliminated every step of the way!), and 13 weeks of training and testing (where MORE people were eliminated!), today, Gairod graduates, and officially becomes a Calgary Fire Fighter! :)

I am SO proud of all his hard work, and SO happy that it has all paid off!

We now move into our next phase of change. Gairod starts work on Tuesday. He will be working a 4 days on, 4 days off schedule. Each 4 days on consists of two 10 hour day shifts, and two 14 hour night shifts. It will definitely be an adjustment for our family, getting used to this schedule, but this is where the flexibility of homeschooling will benefit us!! We will have more opportunities to do family things during the week, and when Gairod is working all weekend, the kids and I can do school if we want!

I am excited for the new opportunities this job will offer our family, and I can't wait to start this new phase in our life! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...