Thursday, September 30, 2010

Another Thrush update ;)

Okay, I realize you are probably all sick and tired of hearing about thrush, but I am sick and tired of dealing with thrush!!!

My last post on it was Friday, so I will pick up from there.

Things didn't get any better over the weekend, in fact they got worse. Sage started refusing to nurse. I really can't blame her, I mean, would you want to nurse if every time you latched on, your mom was gasping in pain?! I know I wouldn't!!

So Monday morning I started calling some walk-in clinics, to see what their hours were, and what would be the best time to come in. One of them opened at 8am every morning, and took only walk-in patients between 8 and 9am. That seemed like the easiest time for me to go, and the most likely time to get in, so I decided to go with that one.

First thing Tuesday morning, I left Gairod at home with the 4 older kids, and Sage and I headed into Airdrie. The doctor was awesome!! She checked both Sage and I, went over everything I had previously tried, and questioned why Sage hadn't been treated at all by my family doctor! She got me on two weeks of Fluconazole, and Sage on one week of Nystatin. She also told me to use the Nystatin topically.

FINALLY!!! A doctor who listened to me, knew about thrush, and was willing to treat it aggressively in both me and Sage!! :) I feel such a HUGE sense of relief, and I am confident that we can finally start to get this cleared up!!

1 comment:

Ina's 5 and our Native Homeschool Blog said...

I am so happy for you and your little one! Itust be such a relief to get some real help

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...