So last night, on a whim (aka - I was crabby and tired!), I decided to try letting her "cry it out". She first woke up at 10pm. I went into her room, picked her up, snuggled her, then put her back down. She was not happy. I left the room, and she cried for about 5 minutes before falling back asleep. She woke up next at 1am. I went into her room, gave her her soother, put her blanket back on, and left. She was fine, and went right back to sleep!! She woke up again at 4am, and again at 5:50am. Both times I gave her her soother, put on her blanket, and left. Both times she was fine and went right back to sleep!!
So it went WAY better than I thought it would!! I am REALLY hoping that tonight goes as well (although it would be nice if she didn't wake up FOUR times!!). Then hopefully she will realize that she is not going to be nursed when she wakes up, and stop waking up!
1 comment:
I'm glad you've been able to cut the nursing out! But, just so you know, I've heard that if you keep giving her the soother every time she wakes up, every time she wakes up, she'll cry to get it in order to fall back asleep. You will be substituting one sleep aid for another, though it's one that will take up less of your time, so that's a plus!
Post a Comment