As I sit here snacking on mini chocolate bars, wallowing in self pity over my boob pain, I have decided to write a post about my fatness. Haha - No, I'm serious.
I NEED to lose weight. I KNOW I have said this a MILLION times before, and I probably sound like a broken record, but it is true, I DO!!
We went to a wedding this weekend, and as I squeezed my fatness into a nice black dress (which of course I made look horrible!), I realized that I used to enjoy getting dressed up and going to weddings, but I don't anymore. I hate being "the fat lady" at the wedding. I hate feeling like everyone is looking at my fatness as I walk across the room, I hate not dancing, because I am so self-conscious of how I will look. I hate constantly worrying that someone I don't know, or haven't seen in a long time, is going to ask when I am due. I also realized that none of that is going to change, unless I do something about it!!
I recently read on a message board, about an on-line acquaintance who lost 20 some pounds. When people asked her how she did it, she simply said she didn't concentrate so much on dieting, but focused more on "eating like a thin person". So that got me thinking. How does a "thin person" eat?! I KNOW there are some thin people who read my blog (hell, you are probably ALL thinner than ME!!), so I want to know how you eat! What do you eat for breakfast? What do you eat for lunch? Do you snack? If so, how often, and on what? What are your tricks of the thin person trade?!
I KNOW I have terrible eating habits. I eat too much junk, and I eat too much portion wise. Maybe if I try "eating like a thin person" I will one day become one! ;)
4 comments:
Shoot. I'm thin, and I read your blog... lol, so I guess I have to write about what I eat! Though, ironically, I was (no lie) eating chocolate bars while reading your blog!! I've recently learned that I need to gain 7 lbs in order to get into the "minimal" healthy BMI category, so I've been trying to gain weight (at least that's how I rationalize my obsessive chocolate eating habits)!
For breakfast I typically eat 2 frozen whole wheat waffles with light syrup, a banana and an instant cappuccino. I eat a snack around 9am. Fruit, graham crackers, yogurt, pretzels or something like that. For lunch I usually eat some kind of sandwich or veggie product (veggie chicken patty, veggie burger, veggie rib patty, etc- b/c I'm a vegetarian), a vegetable and a fruit. I have another snack around 3pm. Then for dinner we usually have some kind of pasta (but not always), a vegetable and some kind of potato. Then I have another snack around 8:30pm when the kids are in bed. I HAVE to eat chocolate too after I finish eating my lunch and dinner.
We don't eat a lot of fat b/c we don't eat any meat, but we all drink whole milk and full-fat everything else. I also buy a lot of sugar-free and reduced sugar things b/c I don't want my kids eating a lot of sugar. And we eat whole grain wheat breads instead of any white breads.
I don't know if that helps! I have no idea what portion sizes I have. I usually fill the plate up, but give myself less than I give my husband (which is like an overflowing sized meal- with all the foods touching each other).
I think it's a good philosophy- although there are a ton of thin people out there with sky high metabolisms who eat a ton all day long.
Last year I changed my diet. Cut out the unnatural- HFCS and such. Started making all my baked goods- breads, tortillas, etc. And downsized my portions. If I made muffins for dinner I would eat one instead of 3....or something like that. I really didn't exercise much...but I lost about 25 lbs. I've fallen off the wagon....buying more instead of baking, but I am pregnant and tired and can't see if it is affecting my weight much. I think you have to look past 'diets' and go for the lifestyle change.
I am so not thinner than you!
That's a great idea though. I have been doing weight watchers, but doing the Simply Filling plan instead of the point tracking. Point tracking was hard for me with so many little ones at home. So far I have lost 20 pounds in about 2 months, but I feel a little like that's cheating since I"m not down to my pre pregnancy weight yet.
I am not a super thin person. I still have 20 lbs to lose from my pregnancies. When I talked to my doctor about dieting she said to make healthy choices and have sweets in moderation. She said one thing that helped her was eating off a small dinner plate. She said she lost 30 over six monts by changing the size of her plate!
Post a Comment