Saturday, September 25, 2010

Dropping the Ball

You've all heard the expression "dropping the ball" right?! Well, I feel like I am constantly dropping the ball.

I feel like a juggler, trying to keep too many balls in the air. I can't possibly keep them all in the air at the same time, so I am always dropping one or two, and picking up a couple that are on the ground.

I want to homeschool. I want to spend leisure time with my kids, I want to spend leisure time with my husband, and I want to spend leisure time by myself. I want to keep a clean house, a clutter-free house, and an organized house. I want to bake, and make homemade meals. I want to be a healthy weight, have a healthy relationship with food, and be happy with my body. I want to be a happy mom, and a fun mom. I want my kids to have wonderful memories of their childhood, and I want have wonderful memories of their childhood.

Do I try and do too much? Are my expectations too high? Does anyone else have this problem? Or is it just me, and my laziness, and my lack of motivation? Why can't I seem to keep a healthy balance of all of these things?

Why am I ALWAYS dropping the ball??

1 comment:

Special K said...

I don't know but I am exactly the same way!!! I don't homeschool but I do get on my own case because I love educating my children. Add in "play more with them" and you described my own stream of conscience. Misery loves company? Too bad you don't live near me (Chicago suburbs) or we could go to Weight Watchers together and then whine that we're not good enough at anything. This week was "Logan, be happy I sent your lunch on a hot lunch day. Two lunches is better than No lunches."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...