As the pain started to get worse and worse each day, I started to wonder, and I started to "google"! lol!
With the sharp, shooting pain I've been having, I keep coming back to "Thrush". But Sage's mouth seems fine (no white patches), so I'm not totally sure.......but I can't seem to find anything else that it could be. It's NOT a plugged duct, it's NOT mastitis, it's NOT ovulation pain, and I am NOT pregnant.
So yesterday I went to my doctor, but it was a waste of time. He said it's not thrush, because thrush doesn't hurt. Ummm, if you google thrush, every article you find will tell you that thrush can cause sharp, shooting pain in the breast, and nipple pain. Sooooo, like I said, it was a waste of time. He kept telling me it was probably a plugged duct. Ummm, in BOTH breasts?!? I don't think so. Plus, I know what a plugged duct feels like, and this in not the same kind of pain. SOOO, since he wouldn't give me a prescription, I have decided to take a more natural approach, and try Gentian Violet. Yes, it is bright purple, and yes, it STAINS!! BUT, I am in so much pain, that I really don't care, as long as it works!! lol!
So, without further adieu, here is my precious purple-mouthed baby!!! ♥
3 comments:
Hmmm... I've never had thrush before either! The only time I've ever had shooting pains is when I would nurse for the first few weeks after giving birth. Have you had an increase or decrease in the amount you've been feeding her? Is it worse during a certain part of the day, like maybe b/c she isn't nursing at night any more? Other than that, I don't know. I would be annoyed though at your dr's response! Hope it gets better soon!
Having worked as a childbirth educator, doula ( and most relevant to this subject ) a lactation consultant I would say it sounds like thrush ( yes if can cause pain and not always obvious signs), or a clogged duck but your boob would have a red hot patch and you'd had a relatively high fever so you can rule that in or out quick. Some babies have a bad latch that isn't obvious. Best fix is an asymetrical latch (check dr. Jack Newman's book on how). The violet would be advise by lactation consultants and any doc who k owe anything about boobs. Doesn't sound like your doc does. At least you can get it on your own.
Thrush is one of the most painful things that I have ever had in my whole life. It literally feels like the baby is trying to suck every thing straight back from the nipple including the bones from my back. Seriously. I did not make it through it with my first child but got it again with my second only the support of my husband helped me get throught that that time. Goos luck.
Post a Comment