Monday, August 3, 2009

Storm!

Last night, we had a pretty scary storm blow through town!

Just before 1:30am, Kadance woke up crying. Both Gairod and I woke up, so he got up and went in to settle her. Just after he got out of bed, the wind all of a sudden picked up, and was blowing very hard. We had our bedroom window open, and it was smashing the blinds all around, so I got up to close it. The wind was blowing so hard, it was actually quite scary watching all of the trees moving so much! Then it started to rain and hail. The hail was pelting the windows so hard, it sounded like they were going to smash right in! Within a few minutes, it looked like a river was running down our street. I have never seen such a light show. It seriously looked like a strobe light, with continuous flashes of lightning. Gairod and I both went into the triplets room, since we thought they would wake up from the loud hail, smashing against the wall of their bedroom. Luckily they, and Jade, all slept through it all!

I like thunderstorms, but wind like that, especially in the middle of the night, scares me. We do occasionally have tornadoes in our area, so that is always in the back of my mind!

Finally at around 2am, the wind started to die down, and the hail stopped. It took me a while to finally fall back asleep after all the excitement!

In the morning, we found out that the storm passed through several other towns and cities, and did quite a bit of damage! In our town alone, there were tons of big trees down, and siding on houses broken from the hail. Luckily we escaped without any damage, just a bunch of small branches on our front lawn, and leaves EVERYWHERE!

1 comment:

Mira said...

Those kind of storms are fun to watch but scary at the same time. Especially when you have kids in the house, they get so much scarier! Makes you evaluate your plans for emergencies all over again! I know I could carry three triplets with a surge of adrenaline but I hope I never have to!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...