I can't even remember the last time I posted about the progress we have made on all the things that need to be done before baby comes!
While we were on vacation, we hired someone to drywall, mud, tape and sand Jade's bedroom in the basement. So when we got home, it was done, and ready to paint! My mom and I painted the bedroom, then Gairod hooked up the electrical, and then we got carpet put in! Now all we have to do is baseboards, trim, closet door, bedroom door, and the interior of the closet............then we can move Jade in!!!!
I am really hoping we can finish the room by the end of this week. We have another wedding to go to this weekend, so I am not sure if we will get anything done around here. So I am hoping by the end of NEXT week, we can have Jade totally moved in to her new room. Then we need to paint the baby's room, and move everything into it.
I realized a few days ago, that I really haven't bought ANYTHING for the new baby, and I need A LOT! Since we originally decided we weren't going to have any more kids after the triplets, we got rid of almost ALL of our baby stuff. SO on the weekend, Gairod had to work, so my mom and I, and all the kids, went in shopping. I got some receiving blankets, hooded towels, crib sheets, and blankets for the baby. It felt so good to finally buy something for my baby!! Then today I was grocery shopping, and I bought some newborn diapers, some wipes, and a couple soothers.
I still have some big things to buy, like a crib mattress, and a stroller and car seat, but I don't want to buy those until the room is ready, since I really don't have anywhere to put them. I am sure I also still have a bunch of smaller things to buy too, but again, I want to wait until the bedroom is done, and I have brought in and figured out what exactly I have!
I am really feeling the urge to get this stuff done. I am not sure why, I still have 6 weeks left, but really, that's NOT a lot of time! So I am hoping everything will go according to my plans, and then I will feel a lot more prepared, and ready to meet my baby!
1 comment:
How exciting to come home to that all done!
Post a Comment