Wow, I can't believe I haven't written anything since Wednesday!!
Well, on Friday we headed up to Mallaig (3h north of Edmonton) for a 50th Wedding Anniversary party! It was fun! The kids were good, and after they went to bed, I had a few drinks, which was nice, I haven't drank in a LONG time! The evening was going good, until my ex-boyfriend (grandson of the anniversary couple) who had had a few too many, started talking to me about how he is still in love with me, and wishes he hadn't messed things up, and isn't happy in his current relationship, and still thinks about me all the time, etc! That was a little awkward.......to say the least!
Here is the back story: Long story short, we dated in high school, I was in love with him, wanted to marry him, etc. He was too immature to handle a serious relationship and eventually ended it. I was heart-broken, hooked up with someone else shortly after, and got pregnant with Jade. Ex's mom kept in touch with me. She always liked me, and really wanted me and her son to end up together. Throughout my pregnancy and while Jade was a baby, I had regular lunch dates with her! Ex was in Australia at this time. Just after Jade turned 2, Gairod (my husband) and I got together, he was actually another Ex, from when I was 15. At that point I was the one too immature for a serious relationship! Anyways, Ex #1's mom and I went for lunch and I told her I had started dating Gairod. She was not very happy, and said I should be with her son! A few days later, he called me, for the first time in about 3 years, but I pretty much brushed him off. Things moved pretty fast with Gairod, and within 6 months we were engaged, and another 6 and we were married :)
So, I have seen Ex at many different events over the past 4 years, since we are friends with some of his extended family. I have always felt a little awkward, just because things ended badly with us, (I was very hurt, and wanted him back for a LONG time) and I knew he had become interested in me again right at the time I had started dating Gairod, but it was "too little, too late"!
Now, I have to clarify, that I am VERY happily married, and would never even consider leaving Gairod for Ex! But I do have to say that it is kind of flattering to know that Ex still has a thing for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment