Monday was another HOT day. Gairod and I went into his brothers house in the morning, to pick up the kids. Then Gairod went to work at his other brothers shop, and I took the kids home. The thermometer hit and stayed at 33 degrees by mid morning. Gairod had to work nights on Monday (and for the next 3 nights, because he picked up 2 shifts), so it was just the kids and I for the rest of the day and evening. I set up the sprinkler for the kids, and I sat on the deck and read a book again. It was simply too hot to do anything productive! ;)
On Tuesday we decided to try something different. Well water is different than town water. It is SO cold, that even with temps in the 30's, the kids don't really want to play in the water for too long. So a couple of days before, I turned down the hot tub, and on Tuesday it was comfortable enough for the kids to "swim" in! We sat around 32-33 degrees again all day Tuesday, and the kids spent the entire afternoon in the cooled down hot tub, while I sat on the deck and read my book! ;) The only break they took was to sit on the deck and have a snack :)
Wednesday was a bit cooler, only reaching 29 degrees. We desperately needed to get some groceries (we were totally out of produce!), so we got up, had breakfast, got dressed, and headed into town by 10am. We went to Costco, Superstore, and the library. By the time we got home it was dinner time. Gairod was on night 3 of 4 nights working, so it was just the kids and I.
On Thursday it got up to 34 degrees again! This kind of "heat wave" is NOT typical where we live, so we are enjoying it while it lasts! Gairod came home Thursday morning, and got the grass cut. The kids played in the "cool" tub again, and then we went into Crossfield to visit with some of Gairod's relatives who are visiting from B.C. Gairod then had to head in for his 4th night shift, and the kids and I went home and had dinner.
Friday only got up to the high 20's, and it was nice!! We spent the afternoon at our friend's farm, and the kids played on the slides, swings, and in the water. They had a blast! I have 5 kids and she has 5 kids, and I love that we can get together, and you would never even know that there are 10 kids there! They all get along and play so well together :)
Saturday started out cooler, but it eventually warmed up to 27 degrees, and then settled in around 25 degrees. It was overcast, and just seemed like kind of a blah day. Gairod was in a baseball tournament, so he was gone for most of the day. The cooler morning put me in the mood to do some organizing, so I started working on the kids toy shelf. Stuff just kind of got chucked on it when we unpacked, and it's been a mess ever since! I got it all reorganized, and it looks much better! :)
Sunday was another cooler day, so I decided to take advantage of it, and do some baking! We are trying to cut down on the bread products that we eat, but I also want to start making the ones that we do eat, instead of buying store bought stuff, that's packed full of preservatives! I have a bread making machine, but I honestly don't use it very often. I tried making soft baked pretzels to have as part of our lunch. The kids liked them, but I put a bit too much salt on them. After lunch I made 5.5 dozen carrot and pineapple muffins, 6 dozen ginger snap cookies, and 2 loaves of bread. I don't really like the shape of the loaf that the bread maker makes, so I tried just making the dough, dividing it in half, and cooking it in the oven. It turned out really good, and everyone liked it! :)
Kadance and Sage have been really into "helping" lately. They are constantly asking to help with different chores around the house, so I am trying to let them help as much as I can! One of Jade's chores is to dry the dishes, but the last couple of days she's had a couple of little helpers! ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment