Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Second week of Summer!

This week seemed much calmer and more easy going than last week! :)


On Monday we did some things around the house in the morning, and then headed into Crossfield for the afternoon, for Sydney's (our nephew) 2nd birthday party! The weather was nice, and the kids had a blast playing in the backyard, and on the slip and slide. Gairod had worked the night before, and had welding work to do at his brothers shop that morning, so he met us at the birthday party, and then had to leave part way through it to go work another night shift.


I feel like between CFD work and welding work on his off days, we hardly see him right now!! I realize that we need the money, but I am still struggling with it a bit, especially when the kids always ask when Daddy will be home, and I honestly can't answer them, because I don't know when he will be home!!


The kids and I didn't leave the party until about 5:30pm. My sister-in-law sent us home with a bunch of left over food from the party, so I fed that to the kids for dinner, and got them into bed at a half decent time.


On Tuesday we stayed home, but the weather wasn't very nice. It was windy and cool. The kids had asked Gairod earlier if they could play in the barn, so they spent most of the day in there making "forts" in a bunch of the stalls! :)


On Wednesday I did some stuff around the house in the morning, while the kids played in the barn again. In the afternoon we went to Crossfield and Airdrie to do a bunch of errands, and get groceries. By the time we got home it was dinner time, and Daddy was home with a surprise for the kids! He felt bad about how much he has been working lately, so he bought them this huge blow up slide thing! I love the thought, but I hate the money that he spent on it! We have so many other things we could use money for right now, and if I spent that kind of money on a toy, he would have been mad at me!

 On Thursday we stayed home again. The kids played outside, while I got some stuff done around the house in the morning, and did a bit of weeding in the garden in the afternoon.


On Friday we did our usual swimming (which Daddy was able to come to!), then came home and had a weiner roast over the fire outside, complete with smores, for dinner! The kids loved it!


Saturday was HOT!! It got up to 30 degrees! The kids played outside with water, while I worked in the garden for a while. Days like this I wish we were at the lake. 


Sunday I woke up kind of crabby. They were calling for the temp to be in the 30's again, and for the next several days. At the lake I like this kind of heat. At home I don't. There is only so much you can do to try and keep cool, and Gairod was working, so it's not like we could even go and do something refreshing as a family. I was feeling kind of crabby, and decided to take the day off. I set up a pool for the kids, and I sat on the deck in the shade and read a book! It held steady at 34 degrees for most of the afternoon - that is HOT for where we live! 


I talked to Gairod in the morning (he was on day shift), and told him we needed to find a babysitter, and go out on a date soon. We used to go on a date at least once a month. I think it's important for married couples to go on dates. We need time together, away from the kids, to talk and reconnect. We haven't been out on a date since we moved to this house - in March! We don't have any babysitters nearby anymore, so it's not as easy to just get someone to pop over for the evening, while we go out to dinner or to a movie. Gairod has been working so much lately, that I feel like we have hardly seen each other. I miss him. Gairod ended up calling back in the afternoon, and said that his brother and his wife, who live in Crossfield, were going to take the kids for a sleepover, and Gairod and I were going to go to the Stampede! (If you're not sure what the Calgary Stampede is, Google it! It's a world famous rodeo, midway, etc. that takes place for 10 days in Calgary, every July). So I brought the kids into town, and met Gairod at his brothers house around 6pm. We went to the Stampede, and had a great time! We wandered around the grounds, ate some food (have you ever tried a deep fried oreo?!), watched people play games, watched a few music shows and a magic show, and then watched the fireworks at 11pm. It was almost 1am by the time we got home, but it was a great evening, and so nice to be able to spend time with the man I love! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...