Monday, July 23, 2012

Fourth week of Summer!

Monday was another cooler, rainy day. I spent the day cleaning the house, and cooking, as we had invited Gairod's family over for dinner. A couple of his Aunts and Uncles were out from B.C., and it was nice to be able to show them our new place! :)


Tuesday warmed up again, to the high 20's. I decided to spend the day in my garden. I hadn't done any weeding the previous week, because it was just too hot out! I love that each time I weed, it is getting easier, and taking less time! On Tuesday I got all but one row between the peas and carrots weeded! I can't believe how much my garden has grown in a week! This first picture is from last Tuesday, July 10th. The rest of the pictures are from this Tuesday, July 17th. Look at the growth! :)
Tuesday, July 10th - Garden


Tuesday, July 17th - Garden

Carrots and Peas

Onions and Lettuce

Zucchini

Potatoes
Wednesday was another beautiful day. I cut some of the grass in the morning, and then finished weeding the garden in the afternoon. I was even done early enough to have a bit of time to sit on the deck and read my book! :)


On Thursday, we took the kids to Calaway Park! Calaway Park is a small theme park just outside of Calgary. We took the kids last summer for the first time, and they LOVED it, so we wanted to take them again this summer! :) They had a GREAT time, and it was a wonderful family fun day! :)




On Friday morning, Gairod had to go up to Innisfail to pick up some chain link fence he bought. When he got home, we went in swimming. It was later than we usually go, so by the time we were done, it was supper time. I still needed to get groceries, so we decided to go out for supper, and then we swapped vehicles, and Gairod took the kids home to put them to bed, while I stayed in Airdrie and got groceries.


On Saturday I did a bit of laundry, and some homeschool prep for September, while the kids played outside, and Gairod worked at his brothers shop. Later in the afternoon, we went into Carstairs to watch Gairod's brother and some friends play baseball.


A few weeks ago, Gairod set up some trail cameras outside, and from the pictures we have been getting, we know that there is a coyote coming around almost every night. On Saturday night, I woke up at 12:30am to Hunter barking, so I woke Gairod up, and then we both heard a coyote bark back at Hunter. We both jumped out of bed, and Gairod got his gun and spot light. We went to the upstairs deck that overlooks the dog pen, but by then the coyotes (we realized at this point that there were 2 of them!) had moved to the other side of the house. So we went back downstairs and out to the kitchen deck, but then they moved farther away, and we couldn't see them, but could hear them. We walked around outside for a bit, trying to get a visual on them, but we eventually gave up. It's actually quite comical thinking about it now, as I'm sure we would have been quite the sight, sneaking around the yard in our pajamas, with a gun and a spot light, tripping over kids toys! lol! After an hour of hunting coyotes, we finally went back to bed. Of course by this time, I was WIDE awake, and it took me another hour to get back to sleep!


On Sunday, we had my family over for dinner, to celebrate my Dad's birthday. It was nice to have everyone out (except my Mom, who is up at the lake). It was my brother and his fiancée's first time actually seeing our new place! I enjoy hosting people so much more in our new house, because I feel like we actually have the room! In our old house, I hated having people over, because it always felt so squished and awkward! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...