I have really started paying attention lately, to the kinds of foods that our family eats. I know that we don't eat super healthy, but I never really thought we ate that bad either. But as I started looking at what we do and don't eat, I have started to realize that we have a LOT of room for improvement!
So I have decided that we are going to start changing our eating habits, as a family, one little step at a time.
So last week when I got groceries, I made 3 changes. I bought more fruits and veggies, I bought brown bread instead of white, and I bought a few different kinds of nuts.
I want us to start eating more fruits and veggies with each meal, and less breads or carbs. For snacks I want the kids to eat less packaged foods (bear paws, animal crackers, etc.) and more fruits, veggies, nuts, and homemade muffins or loafs.
It has been a week since we have started, and I am happy to say that we are doing very well! I just got groceries again yesterday, and bought a ton more fruits and veggies, since we are almost through the bunch I bought last week! The kids had NO issues switching to brown bread, and we are experimenting with nuts, to see which ones they like best.
My goal for this week, is more of a personal one. I'm going to try to drink more water. We never have juice in our house - the kids drink milk at meals, and water in between. Gairod and I drink mainly water, and the occasional pop. I also have 2 cups of coffee every morning. I like water. That's not the problem. The problem is that I forget to drink it! It can easily be mid afternoon before I have even a sip of water! So starting this week, I am going to make a concious effort to drink more water! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment