Saturday, July 14, 2012

Need to get Organized!

We've been in our new house for almost 4 months now. I absolutely love it, but I find I've been having a hard time staying on top of things. I've started to realize that the problem is organization - or lack of organization!


I've always prided myself on being a very organized person. In our old house, I was constantly organizing, decluttering, purging, and reorganizing! In that house I had to stay on top of things. We were a family of 7, in a 913 square foot house!


Since we've moved, I have felt completely unorganized. Part of the problem, as silly as it sounds, is that we have too much space. It's too easy to just move things to another room or closet, and forget about them! Our 3000+ square foot house doesn't feel cluttered, yet I feel like every extra shelf, closet or nook has random "stuff" sitting on it - stuff that doesn't really have a home yet.


So I have decided to re-start my decluttering one area a month. I have divided my house into 12 areas this time, instead of 6, simply because it is bigger! The 12 areas are (in no particular order):


  1) Kitchen/Pantry room
  2) Dining Room/Sun Room
  3) Bathrooms (3)
  4) Laundry Room/Entryway/Cold Room
  5) Living Room
  6) Offices (2)
  7) Master Bedroom
  8) Jade Bedroom
  9) Kadance and Sage Bedroom
10) Cole and Hayden Bedroom
11) Upstairs Kitchen/Storage Room
12) Closets and Hallways


As I did before, I will tackle one area each month. I will deep clean, declutter, purge, and organize, doing a little bit each day. I won't start until September, because we plan on being away for part of August, and I want to still be able to focus on outside stuff for the summer. I will try to keep my blog updated with before and after pictures, and progress reports! I can't wait to start getting this place organized! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...