Friday, February 25, 2011

Great Day!

Yesterday was a great day, one of the best I have had in a long time!! I think the best part about it was that it was totally spontaneous - NONE of the stuff we did was planned. I am usually a planner. But yesterday, everything was done on a whim - and it felt good!! :)

When I got up and checked Facebook yesterday morning, I read about how a friend had taken her son to the Calgary Science Center to see their special Titanic exhibit. I thought that it would be cool to take Jade there too! Then I realized that it was the perfect day to do it! Gairod was home, so he could keep the other kids, and my mom was off work, so I could invite her to come with Jade and I!

So we did our regular school work, then Jade and I headed into Airdrie to pick up my mom, just before lunch time. After we picked up my mom, we stopped at McDonalds for lunch, then we went into Calgary, to the Science Center.

The Titanic exhibit was great!! Each person got a replica boarding pass, with the name and info of a real passenger. At the end, you got to check and see if your person lived or died (we all lived)! There were a bunch of real artifacts from the Titanic to see, and tons of info to read! I have decided to use the exhibit as a starting point for a Titanic unit study for Jade! I am so excited! We are going to start it on Monday. :)

After the Science Center, we stopped at Michael's, and I got some stuff for the triplets birthday party, which is rapidly approaching! Then we dropped my mom back off at her house. She was going to have Kadance and Hayden over for a sleepover, so I needed to head back out to our house, to pick them up.

We ended up all deciding to head back into Airdrie, since Gairod needed to get some new clothes to wear to a wedding we are going to on Saturday. So just before dinner time, we dropped Kadance and Hayden off at my mom's house, and then Gairod, Jade, Cole, Sage, and I headed to the mall in Balzac.

Things were so calm and nice with only 1 three-year-old, instead of 3! After looking in a million stores, Gairod finally found something to wear. We then had supper at the food court. On our way home, we stopped at Dairy Queen and picked up ice cream Sundays! :)

It was just a nice, relaxing yet productive, spontaneous day!! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...