Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Readjusting.

Now that Gairod is home, and I am feeling better, we are trying to readjust, and get things back to normal around here.

I didn't really realize how difficult it would be to add Gairod back into our lives, after he was gone for a month. My getting hurt was actually kind of a good thing, as it helped to cushion the readjustment for a few days. Gairod was forced to jump right in and help with the kids, the house, and the meals. But now that I am feeling better, things are different.

Things are getting back to "normal", which was fine a month ago, but seems difficult now. Let me explain: I have always done most of the care for the kids; getting up with them in the middle of the night, getting up with them in the morning, making them meals, getting them dressed, getting them bathed, etc. I have also always done most of the care for the house; cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. I have mostly been okay with this, since I am a stay at home mom, so looking after the kids and house is my "job", while Gairod's main job is working outside the house, and making money for our family to live.

The problem is, while Gairod was gone, I somehow got this fantasy in my head, of how much more he would help out with the kids and the house when he got home. Unfortunately, he just wants to get back to "normal", which means me doing most things. Now remember, a month ago, I was okay with this. So why am I not okay with it now?

A month ago, things were going really good. I had a good handle on eating right, exercising, cooking, baking, and cleaning. I also had a really good relationship with Gairod. I feel like over the past month, ALL of those things fell apart, at least to some extent. I feel like I made so much progress, and now I have taken a couple of steps back, and have to work hard just to get back to where we were.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...