Did you notice that I didn't do this post yesterday?! My results were really crappy, so I wasn't very eager to post about them......
Diet - My eating sucked this week. Plain and simple. I am stressed and feeling down about Gairod being gone, AND I am PMSing. I needed my comfort food this week, and I paid for it on the scale.
Exercise - I fell off the wagon with exercising too. I just didn't have the drive to do it this week.
Stats - Alright, here's the part you've been waiting for, my embarrassing report:
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 221.5lbs
Lost this week: GAINED 3lbs
Total lost: 6lbs
BMI: 34.7 (original: 35.6)
So, I really don't know what to say. I am not going to promise to try harder this week, because honestly, I probably won't. I know that using food as comfort is NOT healthy, but right now it's all I have. This week, I am going to take things day by day. I am really hoping to pull out of this funk, and be able to carry on with my healthy eating/exercising, but that may not happen until Gairod is back. I don't know. I realize that I am making excuses, but right now, my sanity is worth more than a few pounds dropped!
2 comments:
Okay this is with a glass or 2 of wine. I totally forgive you for comfort-PMS eating. BUT....if you want to do well while hubby is traveling, make yourself a challenge. Think of it as "I'll do this while he's gone" and tell NO-ONE! Then when he comes back home, tell him and it's your little secret. And remember, your exercise time is your time away from kids, doing something adult, that will make you happier than just going to bed will.
Not that I'm great at accomplishing all the same things, but if I do, life is SO much better. The last time I went to Trader Joe's I had a great healthy food kick going, even though hubby was out of town. Hubby has been out of town most every week of last year and this, so I can feel your pain there. And I totally get that your kids might all react differently as well. My personal recovery tactic this month has been a new story we all do at night that has bought me time to myself instead of a screaming 5-year-old. It's a made-up verbal story and they love it.
Love your blog- totally relate, even with 2 kids! hang in there, time without husband is not so much fun!
You can do it Jenn. Give yourself permission to put your needs first. I know, all too well, how hard it is. But I know, for me, that when I feel like my eating is out of control, it's very hard to feel in control of ANYTHING else. And when I can control what I eat that seems to transfer into other areas of my chaotic life. Forgive yourself, love yourself, and keep trying!
Post a Comment