Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Feeling the Urge.

I am feeling the urge to purge again! :)

As you have probably noticed, I tend to go through waves of de-cluttering and organizing. I do really good and get lots done for a bit, and then it tends to taper off, and I get little to nothing done for a bit. I have recently learned to not fret when I don't feel motivated to organize, because I know that another wave will come, when I will feel this insane need to clear stuff out!

My problem now, is trying to decide what to start with! I have SO many things that I want to do!

I really want to do something with our living room. I haven't liked it for a while now, it just looks SO cluttered - because it is! The problem is we need/use most of the stuff in our living room, so I need to find a better way to store/organize it. I am also already running out of storage space for homeschooling stuff, so I want to be proactive about that. What I really want is a big PAX customized wardrobe system from Ikea. Gairod doesn't want that, because it will cost a few hundred dollars, and he thinks it will look big and ugly in the living room. I think it would be several hundred dollars well spent, and it won't look any uglier than our living room already does! So that is still being debated - and by that I mean I am going to keep bugging him about it until he finally gives in and lets me get it! :)

Another area I really need to do is our bedroom. It has become a catch-all for stuff that doesn't really have any other place to go. I also desperately need to go through our clothes. I have decided to just get rid of all of the stuff that doesn't fit me, since if I ever lose the weight, I will want to treat myself to new clothes anyways!

Sage's room also needs to be done. I have overflowing bins of too-small clothes (Sage's and Kadance's), that need to be sorted through. I also have things like receiving blankets, which we no longer use, that are still on her change table shelves.

And then there's the basement. I need to go through the kids toys again, because they are still just dragging stuff out and making a mess with it. They really only play with about 20% of their toys. The rest just gets dragged out and chucked around, getting wrecked and making a mess. I also need to keep nagging Gairod about finishing the closet downstairs, and working on cleaning out and finishing the laundry room/furnace room/bathroom.

So those are the main areas that need to be done. I think I am going to start in our bedroom, as it is really bugging me, and I have been talking about doing it for a while now! lol! I always forget to take before pictures, so I am going to go take some right now! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...