When we set up the boys bunk beds yesterday, I knew it would just be a matter of time before someone fell off. I just didn't think it would be that soon!!
Last night, I was bathing Kadance, Gairod was tidying up the kitchen, and the boys were horsing around on their bed. I had JUST told them to stop playing on the top bunk, or someone would fall off and get hurt. A couple of minutes later, I hear a big thud, and Hayden starts crying.
He was rolling around crying "My back hurts! My back hurts!" So of course I am instantly panicking, and thinking his back is broken! I figured we would eventually have a broken arm or leg with these boys, but NOT a broken back!!! It knocked the wind out of him, and he could hardly breath - he must have landed flat on his back. Gairod got him calmed down, and breathing steadily, and took him out to the couch. I was supposed to be leaving in 5 minutes for dinner out with some friends, but now I was wondering if we needed to make a trip to Urgent Care! We have him some Tylenol, and got him to bed, and I headed out - leaving instructions for Gairod to call me if anything changed, and he thought we needed to take him in.
He slept fine, and was feeling MUCH better in the morning! Thank goodness! Hopefully he has learned his lesson, and will no longer play around on his bed - but probably not!
No comments:
Post a Comment