Thursday, December 9, 2010

A little bit awkward!

Despite living in the same small town, I have managed to avoid any close encounters with Jade's biological father. If fact, I can count on one hand, the number of times I have seen him around town, or at a function.

Several months back, I learned from a friend, that Nick and his now wife Shaina, were expecting twins. How weird is that! 3 months ago, they had their twins, 2 little boys. Last night, Shaina showed up at our monthly multiples mom social. A little awkward to say the least!

The thing is, I don't know if Shaina even knows about Jade! Actually, I really don't think she does! Last night was the first time I have ever met her. When she asked about my kids, and I told her the number and ages, she said "Oh you must be Gairod's wife! I'm Shaina, Nick's wife." (She knows Gairod through curling) I wanted to respond with "Yes, I know Nick quite well, in fact, he is my oldest daughters bio father!" But of course I didn't. By the way she talked and acted, I am pretty sure that she is clueless.

I know that after almost 9 years, it really shouldn't bug me, but at times, it still does. When I have to sit and make small talk, and listen to her talk about her husband and the babies, it's a bit hard. He was never there for OUR baby. She had the babies with her, and I have to admit, they were quite cute! But I can't deny that I was comparing them to how Jade looked as a baby - similarities and differences, and I couldn't help but notice their Peg Perego carseats, and remember the fact that Jade had mostly hand-me downs as a baby, because I was a single mother, and couldn't afford nice stuff for her.

I KNOW that Jade is better off not having Nick in her life, but it still bugs me that he, and most of his family, all live in the same town as us, and none of them have ever acknowledged the fact that he is her father.

I am really hoping that Shaina doesn't start regularly coming to our multiple club socials. That is MY group of friends, who I can feel comfortable chatting with, and not have to watch what I say about Jade's bio father. I wanted to just blurt out the truth to her, but of course being the bigger person that I am, I would never do that.

3 comments:

Jennifer Y said...

I didn't know that Jade had a different bio father!! All of your children look SOOO much alike, I never would have guessed! Does she know about it? I can imagine how awkward that would have been, who has a child and doesn't tell their wife about it?!

Nothing shocks me anymore... said...

I am so sorry that you have to deal with that.. I can only imagine how hard and painful that would be..

Mrs. Wilson said...

I bet it was awkward! How can someone get married and NOT tell their spouse they have a child already? I hope things work out okay.

I know what it is like. My two older daughters are not mine bioligically, I have been raising them since they were two and three and we live in a small area and there are times where we run into her and it is awkward even though we just pass each other by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...