Sunday, December 12, 2010

10 Years.

Today marks 10 years since my world was turned upside down, when my 15-year-old brother killed himself.

10 years. Wow, that's a long time.

Every year gets a bit easier, but I will NEVER be the same person I was before that day. That day altered the course of my life.

Now, 10 years later, I am happy with where I am in my life. I have a loving husband, and 5 beautiful children. But I still miss my brother. I am sure he would have been an awesome Uncle to my kids, and I can't help but wonder if he would be married with kids of his own by now.

Christmas is such a bitter-sweet time. I try to ignore the anniversary approaching, and just focus on fun holiday activities with the kids, but December 12th always comes, and with it comes feelings and emotions, rushing back like someone opened the flood gates.

I miss my brother, and I wish he was still here.

1 comment:

Julianne Harvey said...

Oh, Jenn, how utterly heartbreaking. You'll never stop missing him, and that fact honors the life that he lived, and the relationship you had with him. Hugs to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...