So my sweet baby girl, who started sleeping through the night at around 2 months old, is no longer doing it.
For a good month now, Sage has not slept through the night. I don't know what happened, or why she is waking up now. And when I say she isn't sleeping through the night anymore, I don't just mean she is getting up once. She is now getting up 2-3 times to eat, and usually several times in-between as well, where I have to get up and give her her soother.
At first I thought it might just be a growth spurt, but since it has been a month now, I am pretty sure that is not the problem. I don't understand why she is getting up so much. All I know is that it SUCKS!! lol! She used to sleep a steady 10-12 hours straight!! She gets up more now at almost 5 months old, then she did when she was a newborn!
A few times in the last week or so, I have resorted to just bringing her into bed with us part way through the night. We NEVER brought the triplets into bed with us, and we swore we wouldn't with her either, but the lack of sleep is killing me, and NOT helping with my already crabby mood! At least if she is in bed with us, I can just reach over and put her soother back in without having to get up and out of bed.
But I really don't want it to become a habit. I made that mistake with Jade, bringing her into bed with me when she would fuss, and then it got to the point that she wouldn't go to bed without me.
I like my space when I sleep, (Gairod and I have a king size bed, and we sleep on opposite edges of it! lol!) and I never sleep as good with a baby in the bed. Plus I like our bed to be for US, so that if we want to cuddle we can, and there isn't a kid in the middle. Our bedroom is one of the only kid-free spaces in our house, and I would like to keep it that way! lol!
Anyways, I would really like to figure out WHY Sage is getting up so much, and HOW to make her stop!!
2 comments:
Oh no! My daughter Venily NEVER slept through the night (except a night here and there), and still sometimes gets up once a night! We ended up bringing her in bed with us when she was little too and it became a HORRIBLE habit. But I'm sure that if Haven got up at night I'd end up bringing her in with us just because I love the sleep and hate getting up! I hope she starts sleeping for you again soon!!
My only thought is maybe your milk supply has changed or something. I hope not. I always loved it when they started sleeping it was glorious to not walk around in a sleepy fog.
Post a Comment