Sunday, January 15, 2012

Moving?!?! - Part 2

So we went back out on Wednesday evening, and I was able to get another look at everything, and try to picture us actually living there! I was SO much happier after seeing it again! It's better then I remembered, and we would be totally fine to move in "as is", and slowly start renovating! :)

Both mine and Gairods parents came out and looked as well, and they all loved it!! (Well, my parents loved it at least, Gairod's parents seemed to like it, but were still skeptical about us moving "all the way out there".)

When we got home, I had two Facebook messages from people interested in renting our house! I was thrilled - things seemed to be falling into place! :)

On Thursday morning we got a call from our realtor. They had countered our offer, which we pretty much expected them to do, since our original offer was pretty low. So we countered back, and continued the waiting game! Meanwhile, I had lined up the first person interested, to come and look at our house on Friday evening. I was also starting to get excited. REALLY excited, and already planning moving and reno details in my head! lol!

Friday the 13th. Let me start by saying I have never put much stock into superstitions, until now. Friday started out great. I got a call from the realtor Friday morning, that they had accepted our offer!!! YAY! Now we just needed to firm up a renter, and we would be good to go!! :) Shortly after that call, I got a call from a friend, telling me that a mutual friend of ours had her house burn down that morning! I was shocked and sad, and now my mind was on a million more things!

Later in the afternoon, I got a another call from our realtor. She had mentioned to our banker that we would be coming in to sign financing papers soon. Our banker then told her that us having a renter for our house didn't necessarily guarantee that we would get the financing that we need. We would need to get someone to sign a lease, bring in the papers, and then see if that would work. This is NOT what our banker had told Gairod. I called Gairod at work right away, and he was PISSED!! We would NOT have put an offer in on a house if we didn't think that we were pre-approved for financing!

By now I just felt sick to my stomach. We had already decided that we would just rent out our house, since realistically there is no way it will sell before our deal closes. Now we're finding out that that won't necessarily work.

So the girl that was supposed to come look at the house Friday night ended up calling and cancelling at the last minute. Great. Another blow to the stomach. I had spent all day cleaning and getting the house ready to show, so I called up the second person, who had seemed REALLY interested, and asked if they would like to come over and take a look that night. They were thrilled, and came over about an hour later!

These people ended up loving our house, and wanted to sign a lease right away! We then had to explain to them our bank issues, and tell them that we might need them to sign a lease for the bank to see, but that we then might have to break it, if the bank doesn't end up giving us the money for the new house! They were very understanding, and willing to try to help us out! 

Later Friday evening, Gairod called a mortgage broker that his brother recently used. The way she was figuring it out, we wouldn't qualify for another mortgage, while keeping our existing mortgage. Our credit rating and everything is fine, it's just that our debt to income ratio will be too high. She said she would work on it over the weekend, and see if she could try to make it work. I went to bed Friday night feeling totally depressed. I didn't want to let myself get attached to the idea of moving, until I was sure it was actually going to happen. But I did let myself get attached, and now I was feeling disappointed and hopeless.

So now it is Sunday, and we are waiting. We have to wait until Monday, when the banks are open, to really know anything. Gairod has been texting back and forth with the mortgage broker all weekend, trying to come up with different ways to make it work. We are looking at the possibility of seeing if his parents can co-sign. We would rather not do this, as we prefer to do things on our own, but if it will work, and it's what we need to do, then we will do it.

Worst case scenario, we can't get financing, and we don't get the acreage. It won't be the end of the world, we will just be back at square one. It will just suck, because this is such a great opportunity for us, to get a bigger house and a piece of land, for a great price!! I am trying to stay positive, but also not get my hopes up.

I've said before that I am big believer in fate, and that everything happens for a reason, even if we don't understand that reason at the time. I have to give up my worries, and believe that if we are meant to get this house, then everything will work out, and we will get it. If we don't end up getting it, there is a reason. Maybe it's not the right house for us. Maybe this isn't the right time for us to make a big move. I don't know. Time will tell.

"Que sera sera,
What ever will be, will be,
The future's not ours to see,
Que sera sera." 

1 comment:

Special K said...

WOW crazy!!! We moved across country and were pre-qualified but then they wanted me to have a job when we got here to "qualify" so there was a huge scramble to get a job and find a house to move out of my mom's. So I totally feel you! Hope all works out great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...