Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Moving?!?!

Wow. What a whirl-wind week it has been!!

For the last several months, Gairod has been talking about wanting to move out to an acreage, in a few years. He has been looking more and more online over the past few weeks, and found a few that we liked, that seemed like they might be in our price range. So we decided to just jump in, and get a realtor to show us a few places last Wednesday! We found one that we really liked, but it is a bit too expensive for us - we would be doubling our mortgage, and even if the bank would do it, I don't know if we could make it work.

One place we wanted to see, we ended up not being able to get into. Somehow our realtor didn't confirm with the other realtor, so we drove all the way out there (it's quite a ways out - a definite downfall in my opinion), but then couldn't go in it. From the outside, this place looked kind of dumpy, but I was really  intrigued to see the inside, as it is over 3000 sq ft, and the price is definitely more affordable for us! So we arranged to go back out on Monday, and picked out a few other places we wanted to look at as well.

So 2 days ago, we went back out and looked at this house. I honestly don't even know how to describe it!! The original house was built in 1960, then a 1000 sq ft, 2 story addition was built in 1999. There are also a few other little additions added on as well, for a total of 3000 sq ft! We first walked into the kitchen, and I have to admit, I was NOT impressed, and had already decided that this was NOT the place for us. The kitchen is older and small, and ugly. But as we started going through the rest of the house, it really started to grow on me! We kept opening door after door! There are a zillion different rooms, closets, little offices etc! It is seriously the most unique house I have ever seen!! The walls and carpet are UGLY, so you would definitely have to do a bit of work, but this house has SO MUCH potential!!

Gairod went to the bank on Monday afternoon, and they said that we could definitely do it, but we would need to sell or rent our current house. So we talked it over a bit, and yesterday (Tuesday), we put in an offer!!!

My stomach is in total knots right now! I have a million things running through my mind: Can we sell or rent this house? Do I want to move all the way out there? Do I want a house that big?! Can we come up with the down payment? Will we be able to afford the renovations in a timely manner?

I have SO many questions and worries, yet I am also trying not to get to excited or worried, since even if they accept our offer, if we can't sell or rent this place it time, it will all fall through anyways!

So that's what's been happening over the past week! We are going back out tonight, to look at it again, with my parents. Gairod doesn't care if we get anyone's approval (his parents and brothers have already said they think it would be dumb to move all the way out there), but I really value my parents opinion. My dad is really handy, and has a good eye for if things are easy/cheap to fix up. We would want to redo the kitchen, so I want my dad's opinion on that. Also, I just want to see it again! It is honestly like a maze, and I can't even remember where certain rooms were! I originally said I would want to do a bunch of reno's before moving in, but realistically it's looking like we would need to move in, and then do reno's, so I want to make sure that we could live there "as is", while we fixed it up!

ANYWAYS, now I am just rambling on! I will post again when we find out if they accept our offer or not. It's an estate sale, so we gave them until the 14th to accept or counter. Until then, I don't think I will be able to concentrate on much!

1 comment:

Special K said...

WOW exciting! Hope all works to the best scenario! Hugs for the emotional piece for you and for the kids for any kind of change..... :) Jealous of the space though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...