Monday, August 29, 2011

One more week!!



We are going to enjoy one more week of summer, and then it will be time to start back to school! :)


This past weekend, I went through all of Jade's grade 4 stuff, and got everything sorted, figured out, and ready for our first day of school! I am a bit nervous this year, as I have more work planned for her then last year, and I plan on her doing a lot of it independently. It may take a bit longer each day, but she should still be done by lunch time, and I have faith that she will do wonderfully! :)


I plan on doing a lot more with the triplets this year, then I did last year. They will be 4 1/2 in September, and because their birthday is 5 days after the cut off, they wouldn't be able to go to Kindergarten until next year. So they are still only preschool aged. I want to really work on letters and numbers, and other typical preschool stuff. I am not doing an official program or curriculum with them, but I have a TON of workbooks, worksheets, games, crafts, etc. I mainly want to get them used to spending time each day focused on learning.


With the return of school, comes the return of activities! Jade will be starting piano lessons again, and Kadance and Cole will be starting Speech Therapy again. I am going to try and sign the four older kids up for swimming lessons, and I am thinking of putting Kadance in gymnastics.


This summer, I have really enjoyed being able to relax, and take it easy. But I AM looking forward to getting back into a routine, and all of the fun that Fall will bring! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...