Monday, September 5, 2011

First Day of School! :)

Today we had our first day of school! Yes, I know today is supposed to be a holiday, but Gairod is in BC right now, so we didn't have anything else to do, and well, I am a little bit anal about starting on a Monday, so we decided to start today! :)


I took everyone's picture this morning, before we got started:

Jade - Age 9, Grade 4

Kadance - Age 4 1/2, Preschool

Cole - Age 4 1/2, Preschool

Hayden - Age 4 1/2, Preschool

Sage - Age 23 months, Pre-Preschool :)

I had a whole new morning routine planned out, and I am happy to say that it worked really well! Jade got all of her stuff done sooner then I thought she would, and the triplets were very enthusiastic about "doing school"! The only thing I wasn't really prepared for, was how much Sage insisted on doing everything that the triplets were doing!! I'm not really sure why it surprised me, as she has been like a shadow to them lately! So I will have to make sure that I have "school stuff" for her to do too! :)


The little kids "Morning Board"

Hard at work! :)




I decided to make our first day of school fun, by doing a special lunch! We had make-your-own mini pizza's, and over the weekend I made "pencil" cookies! The kids all loved it!! :)









Pencil Cookies!

You really would think I have too much time on my hands, wouldn't you?!






All in all we had a great first day back at school! I'm really hoping things continue to go smoothly, and everyone learns lots this year!


On a related note, my mom works at a school, and they were getting rid of a TON of curriculum! So she brought a bunch of it home for me! There is so much stuff - from preschool all they way to middle school! Now I just need to find the time to wade through it all, and see what I might be able to use! :)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...