Yesterday was our 6th wedding anniversary.
Like every married couple, we have had our ups and downs over the past 6 years. I am happy to say that we are in a very good place right now.
Every couple needs to work at their marriage, some more than others. Statistically speaking, we are at a disadvantage. We are young, and we have lots of kids - including a set of higher order multiples. I have read that more than 50% of higher order multiple parent marriages fail. That is a scary statistic, but I can understand why.
Raising kids is hard on a marriage, especially lots of little kids at once! Both parents are tired, and struggling to keep up with everything that needs to be done. It's easy for the spousal relationship to fall by the wayside, and for a couple to drift apart.
I think that that is one thing that we have been very good with. We have always made a point to take time as a couple, to get away from the kids, and to reconnect. We manage to get away for a date night usually about once a month. Even if all we do is go out for dinner, or go to a movie, it's nice to have one-on-one time, to focus on each other, instead of the kids.
This year we weren't able to spend our anniversary together, as Gairod is still up in Fort McMurray. But we talked to each other throughout the day, and he sent me flowers! ♥
It has been a busy yet fun 6 years, and I am looking forward to many more! :)
2 comments:
CONGRATS on six years! It is amazing these days no matter if you have one kid or 16.:) Congrats!
Congratulations and good job :-)
Post a Comment