Yesterday was high on my list of "Least favorite days"! lol! Yesterday I painted the boys room. It was supposed to be a quick little project. I had prepped as much as I could the night before. I was supposed to get up, finish prepping, start painting by 9am, be done by mid afternoon, and hopefully even have the boys bunk beds moved in before night time. I had planned for the boys to sleep down in the girls room for a night, just to let the paint fumes air out. Things didn't exactly go as planned.......
I got a late start, because Gairod got up with the kids, and let me sleep in for once! I got up at 8am, and we got all of the furniture moved out of the room. I fed the kids breakfast, got Sage down for a nap, and was ready to start by just after 10am. All I needed to do was tape the baseboards and trim. I did NOT realize how long it would take me to tape! After about an hour, I was FINALLY ready to start painting. I was 2 hours behind schedule, but I figured that wasn't too bad, especially considering Gairod was NOT helping out with the kids like I had planned!
So I started painting, and right away I thought there was something wrong with the paint. It just seemed kind of thin and weird. But I figured it had just been a little while since I had painted, and it was probably fine.
I painted the whole first wall, and was NOT happy with the results! It was very thin and streaky, and there were tiny air bubbles all over!! I was trying to be optimistic, and figured it would look better when it started to dry. So I started on the second wall. I got half way done the second wall, and it was looking just as terrible as the first!! I got Gairod to come in and take a look (he was out in the garage butchering a deer - he was supposed to be watching the kids!), and he didn't think it looked right either. I tried calling my parents, to see if they would know what the problem was, but they didn't. So Gairod called the paint store. They said that we might not be letting all of the air out of the roller, and to try a different way. So we did, but it was still full of bubbles, and even in the corners where I had used a brush it was full of air bubbles. So he called the paint store again, and they said to bring the paint in, so they could have a look at it.
By now it was 12:30pm. I had originally been planning on having the entire first coat done by now! So I took the paint back into Airdrie. They looked at it, tried it, and couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. But they thought it looked weird too, so they gave me a free new can of paint, this time a different brand. They said to let the first stuff dry, and see how it looks. They said I might need to sand it down before I can repaint it. Great.
By the time I got home and got back to painting, it was 3pm. I was supposed to be DONE by now!! So I painted the remaining 2.5 walls, and the first ones looked okay to just paint over, so that's what I did. By now it was after 4:30pm, and I had to stop to get supper for the kids, get them bathed, and into bed. I should mention that Gairod was hunting at this point, so I was on my own with the kids, trying to get the stupid painting done!
By 7:30pm, I was ready to get back to painting. I still had 2 coats in the closet to do, and a second coat on the rest of the room. I kept plugging away (I should probably mention that Gairod was socializing over at a buddy's house at this point - yeah. I was NOT impressed!!), and by 11:30pm, I was FINALLY done everything!! I had also decided by that point that I was NOT going to paint any other rooms for a LONG time! LOL!
I will post "before" and "after" pictures when the room is all put back together! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment