Monday, November 8, 2010

Game Plan!

Okay. I have come up with a game plan to help me organize/de-clutter the house! I have decided to declare November a month of purging :) I am going to go room by room, and clear out, organize, and fix things up. I am starting in Jade's room - because it will be the easiest! It was just done shortly before Sage was born, so it doesn't need any fixing up - just de-cluttering! So we are clearing out a bunch of Jade's stuff, and preparing it for Kadance to move in. Once we get Kadance moved in, I will move onto the boys room - since it will already be partly done from moving Kadance's stuff out! I would really like to paint their room, since it hasn't been painted since we moved in - almost 5 years ago! I will continue on like this - room by room - until the whole house is cleaned out and fixed up!

I am trying to focus on the small jobs, and not let myself get overwhelmed by the whole thing! I often look around are house at ALL the stuff I want to do, and then it just frustrated me, because I feel like I will NEVER have the time to do it all! I also really want to make sure I complete each room before I move onto the next. I am notorious for getting something partially done, and then stalling out, or getting sidetracked by something else, and abandoning my original project! lol! There are a bunch of little things, like curtain toppers and paint touch-ups, that would make each room look so much nicer and pulled together!

So that is my game plan! We started on Jade's room on Saturday, and have a good chunk of it done! Now I need to get into Ikea, to get Jade a tall dresser to replace her long dresser. We can fit two tall dressers in the space that her long dresser takes up, and we will need two dressers when Kadance moves in! So if I can get that this week sometime, I am hoping to have Jade's room totally done by next weekend! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...