Monday, April 12, 2010

Sage's Doctor appointment.

Sage had her doctor appointment today, to talk about a possible allergy. The doctor said, based on what I told him had happened, and by looking at the different ingredients in the cereals (I brought them to show him), it most likely is a milk protein allergy. I convinced him to send her for a RAST blood test, even though he said it *might* come back negative, even though she is reacting to it.

So he basically said to just keep her away from all milk products for now. When she gets to a year (the time you usually switch to milk), we should try regular homo milk first, and see if she reacts. If she does, we should try a lactose free milk. If she still reacts, then we should try a soy milk.

This is all so new to me! I have never had to deal with allergies before. I guess I will learn as we go along!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...