Saturday, July 25, 2009

We're Home!

Well, after 3 short weeks at the lake, we are home!! We got home yesterday afternoon, around 4pm. It was a HOT drive home, averaging between 30 and 34 degrees the whole way! It would have been a GREAT day to be at the beach, but instead we had to drive all day :( I will do a separate post later today, or tomorrow, detailing our vacation. Right now I mainly wanted to let you all know that we are back :)

I have a love/hate relationship with coming home from vacation. I always look forward to returning home, to my own bed, shower, stuff, and house in general. I also always seem to think of new ways to do things, and get re-motivated while we are away. I always come home with a list of things I need/want to do around the house, and feel compelled to clean my whole house when we get home!

The problem right now, is that it is 30 degrees outside (and not much cooler in our house!), and I have NO energy! I was SO happy with how good I felt for so long, and was really hoping it would last until the end of my pregnancy. Unfortunately, right around the time I hit 30 weeks (a week into our vacation), my energy level dropped. I am now EXHAUSTED all the time, and even little things like going down stairs to put in a load of laundry seem to totally wear me out, and I need to sit down and rest for a few minutes afterwards. So I am really struggling with getting everything unpacked, and getting done all of the stuff I need/want to do!

I am really hoping that my lack of energy is just from over-doing it while on vacation, since I did spend a lot of time outside, and did a lot of walking. I am REALLY hoping my energy will pick back up again now that I am home, since I have A LOT of things I would like to get done before the baby comes!

2 comments:

Mira said...

Ugh, just when you get motivated you lose the energy. That sucks. I am really hoping I have energy soon! You make sure you don't overdo it missy. Don't want a NICU visit do ya?

Jenn said...

I know, I know, I am TRYING to not overdo it! The whole time we were at the lake my mom kept saying "You better not put yourself into labour!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...