So I am not sure if it was because we were at the lake, and I had less stuff to do, and more time to pay attention, but I recently really started to notice how behind Cole is with his speech.
All of the triplets have always been behind with speech, but it has never really concerned me, because it is very common for multiples to be a bit behind.
While we were at the lake, I really started to notice how many new words Hayden and Kadance were picking up, but not Cole. Almost everything we say to Kadance and Hayden, they repeat back to us, and the words that they already know are starting to become much more clear, but not Cole.
So when we got home, I decided to call our Early Intervention case worker. Even though it has been almost a year since we had EI for the boys, I wasn't sure who else to call, and figure that she could at least point me in the right direction.
She told me I needed to call the speech and language pathologists in Airdrie, so that is what I did. The lady asked me a few questions, and then said that they would mail me a package with a bunch of questions, I need to fill it out and send it back in as soon as possible. When they get the package back, Cole will get put on a waiting list. She said it is a 3-4 month MINIMUM wait, just to get him evaluated!!! I can't believe it will take so long before they will even look at him!!
The main things I am concerned about are: He doesn't have as many single words as he should, he doesn't often repeat new words back when you say them to him, he doesn't put very many 2-words together, and most of the speech that he does have is very unclear.
So now that we are more aware of how far behind he is, Gairod and I are going to try and work with him as much as we can, and hopefully we will see some improvement by the time we can get him in to be seen!
No comments:
Post a Comment