It's funny how your perspective changes, depending on the situation you are in.
Lately I have been complaining to a friend about how much I do around here, and how little Gairod helps.
Last Monday, Gairod started a job that has him working LONG hours. He has been leaving the house at 6am, and not getting home until 9pm. This means that he is out of the house before any of us are up, and he is not home until all the kids are in bed. He has worked everyday, including the weekend. So I am basically a single mother. The poor kids miss their Daddy SO much! :( I miss my husband and partner.
I now realize all of the little things that he does to help around here. Feeding the dogs, taking the garbage out, fixing things (Sage's crib STILL needs to be moved down, but I don't know how to do it!!), getting the kids more milk at supper, starting the bath, etc. I usually look forward to him being home for the last couple of hours before the kids go to bed, to take some of the pressure off of me, and help out when I am at the end of my rope. I miss that. I hate doing it all myself.
It's Thanksgiving weekend, and we had dinner at my Aunts house yesterday. I had to get everyone ready and take the kids all by myself. Today the kids and I are going to dinner with Gairod's family. Gairod is working, so again I will be by myself.
It's not that I can't do it on my own, really, I am quite capable. It's that I don't want to do it on my own. It's lonely, stressful and tiring. Luckily they should be finishing up the job this week sometime, so by next weekend, things should be back to normal.
I now have a new appreciation for the things that my husband does do around here. I guess sometimes things just need to be shaken up a bit, in order to gain a new perspective.
2 comments:
I know how you feel! My husband has been working a lot lately too and going to school part time so on Tuesdays and Thursdays he doesn't see the girls at all! Plus he's been gone out-of-state for almost a week now on a job interview, so we have been all by ourselves and it sucks! :(
It's just so lonely! :( I know he needs to work, and we DEFINITLY need the money, but it is still hard.....too bad we couldn't just grow a money tree or something! lol! :)
Post a Comment