This past week, Jade and I finished up our first Lapbook!
If you are not a homeschooler, chances are you don't know what a lapbook is. You can read about them here.
Originally I wasn't very keen on the idea of doing lapbooks, simply because I am not very artsy/creative. I would rather just do a report or essay on something. But, Jade is VERY artsy, and I figured she would love to do lapbooks, so I decided we would try one out!
Quite surprisingly, I really enjoyed helping her with it, and I LOVE the finished product!! I love how bright and colourful it is, and how easy it is to find the information (as opposed to reading through a report). She wants to show it to everyone, and therefore is constantly reviewing the information!
I am sold on lapbooking, and I can see many more in our future! :)
The front cover of our Giraffe Lapbook
1 comment:
Looks great! I love the idea of making it within a file folder or 2 so it can sit on the bookcase and be taken out again....
Post a Comment