Friday, June 4, 2010

In need of a change.....

I wish we could afford to move out to our property. I am sick of this town, I am sick of the people, I just want a change. I want to start fresh, move somewhere where we don't know anyone, and no one knows us.

As much as I am trying to embrace the fact that we are not a typical family, honestly, it's hard. It gets tiring meeting people in town, and having them say "Oh, you're the one with triplets!" It gets tiring having people say "Soooo, are you still thinking of homeschooling next year?!", like it's a stupid idea, and they are hoping I have changed my mind, or in their opinion, come to my senses!

Sometimes I just want to be anonymous. I know that we have chosen to be different (well, in some ways, it's not like we said "Hey! Let's have triplets!" lol!), and I wouldn't have it any other way. I think a big part of it is that Gairod and I both grew up in this town, so everyone knows us, or knows of us. I think we have been here for too long - we need a change!

I want to get out to our property. I want to build a nice big house - not too big, but big enough to more comfortably fit our family. I want to have a nice big vegetable garden, a couple of laying hens, and be more self sufficient. I want to be able to let the kids outside anytime, and know that there will be tons for them to explore and keep busy with, and know that they will be safe - no cars racing by! I want to live a simpler life, and have a more close knit family. I don't want to care what other people think, or what the latest town gossip is. I want to change.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...